Many organizations fail to provide a clear mission and vision for their employees thereby resulting in work that is not aligned with the intended purpose of the organization. By not being fully aligned, daily decisions are made on criteria which may be different from, or even contrary to, those of the leaders’. The cost in wasted effort and customer dissatisfaction can be enormous.
There are several common reasons for these misalignments. Often times, a business has never taken the time to fully explore its true purpose and core values. Even if it has, changes in the industry or economic environment can shift focus. Finally, disseminating and reinforcing these values requires a structured approach.
The mission and vision should guide the actions of the organization, articulate its overall goals, provide a path, and guide decision-making, both long-term and day-to-day. Together they provide the framework or context within which the company's strategies are formulated.
A vision expresses the organization’s timeless aspirations and values. A mission is more practical and describes a desirable end state, consistent with the vision, which will be realized within a finite period. Finally, the strategy is the plan to realize that vision.
What We Do
Bagley works with the leaders to help companies identify and articulate the mission, vision, and core values of the business. Once established, we work with your team to create a communication plan to cascade the message through the ranks. Finally, we work with you to embed these into the decision making processes at all levels.
Bagley works with your team to define your key market, your company’s contribution, and how your company is distinct within that market.
- We work with you to define what the company is, and is not.
- We make sure to be broad enough to allow for creative growth.
- We identify how we distinguish your company from all others.
- We help you state the mission and vision clearly so that it is understood by all.
- We create a framework by which you may evaluate current activities.
- We brainstorm with you team to identify and document all aims of the organization, making sure to identify and include the organization's primary stakeholders.
- We identify how the organization provides value to these stakeholders.
- We help you create a declaration of the organization's sole core purpose that answers the questions, "Why do we exist?" and “How should I behave and conduct business?”.